The Shoat Statements

Random musings by the multiple voices inside my head.


Aha! 'Tis the season to be jolly, and all that jazz right? So what better time to bring up the virgin birth? Except this time, it isn't a young lady in Bethlehem, but a female Komodo dragon called Flora in a U.K zoo. Apparently, female Komodo dragons are capable of parthenogenesis, which is basically successful reproduction without a male.

These Komodo dragons can apparently mate with males to have kids (eggs in their case), and when males aren't available, they do it themselves (not female + female, but only female).

Interesting, huh? So if we study the Komodo dragons long and hard (no pun intended) enough, we may soon figure out how to procreate without men. I mean, Komodo dragons are still closer to humans than mere amoeba, right?

I had a doll called Flora when I was small (no connection to the above story at all, but might as well mention it).

1 comments:

Shoat, I am sure this post will make some women (who have lost faith in men) happy. Jaded tho' they are.

About Me

My photo
Be true to your heart, and true to your conscience.

Blog Archive

Stat Counter


View My Stats

World Top Blogs

World Top Blogs - Blog TopSites

Technorati