The Shoat Statements

Random musings by the multiple voices inside my head.

Has a new language been invented while I slept? The SMS lingo these days is bizarre. Why do kids use these mind boggling abbreviations when each mobile has dictionary? Is their spelling so bad? This is an SMS I got from a colleague:

"Ill b l8 2 wrk 2day"

It looks like something a printer would print during a self cleaning run. To add insult to injury, some moron emailed this to me today as well. I've put a selection below for your own happy education:

1dRfl - wonderful
2 - to/too/
two2dA - today
2moro - tomorrow
3dom - freedom
4 - for
4get - forget
4N - foreign
B - be
B4 - before
C - see/sea
DUZ - does
Gr8 - great
in4ml - informal
L8 - late
L8r - later
M8 - mate
MT - empty
Ne - any
No1- no one
nrg - energy
W8 - wait
SUM1 - Someone

About Me

My photo
Be true to your heart, and true to your conscience.

Blog Archive

Stat Counter


View My Stats

World Top Blogs

World Top Blogs - Blog TopSites

Technorati