The Shoat Statements

Random musings by the multiple voices inside my head.


Here's wishing all my readers a happy 2008 (yeah yeah, I'm three days behind). I hope that this year finds all your dreams coming true, the smiles growing wider, the tears becoming exclusive to joyous occasions and the bank paying you dividends!

Here in Sri Lanka, we started out the year with a bang - quite literally. On the 1st of January, we woke up not only to our respective hangovers, but also to the fact that MP T Maheshwaran had been shot dead at a Hindu Kovil around 10.30 a.m. While we were reading the editorials about that on the 2nd of January, sans the hangovers, news came in about a claymore mine attack at the Slave Island junction at 9.30 a.m., courtesy the LTTE. It's the 3rd today, and I woke upto the news that the CFA has been abrogated at long last. Sri Lanka will soon be without the farce of either a ceasefire agreement or of peace negotiations, and my money is on the idea that we will soon witness a lot more roadside blasts in the capital. I only hope that by the time 2008 draws to a close, we will be without the CFA, without claymore mine attacks, without assassinations - and above all, without the LTTE.


About Me

My photo
Be true to your heart, and true to your conscience.

Blog Archive

Stat Counter


View My Stats

World Top Blogs

World Top Blogs - Blog TopSites

Technorati