The Shoat Statements

Random musings by the multiple voices inside my head.

That was our agency's line for this famously difficult company when we used to do artworks for them (12 changes within 2 hours says a lot). Thus, I never regarded this company too highly, even though I had a Dialog connection for almost 7 years now.

Sometime yesterday afternoon, I found my mobile had been disconnected, with no warning whatsoever (though last November I had received a letter from them stating that my credit limit was being increased and that my number would not be automatically disconnected without adequate warning). I decided not to make a huge fuss about this, and paid my outstanding amount, plus an extra thousad, at Cargills. I asked the cashier about 25 times wheter the reconnection would be immediate, and she assured me it would be. This was at precisely 5 p.m.

By 6.45 p.m., I was still sans a working connection. So I hunted for a landline, found one at my landlady's, and proceeded to call customer service. After being kept on hold for about 15 minutes, I finally got to speak to an agent. I explained that despite making the required payment, my number had not been reconnected for almost two hours. The agent took down all the relevant info, down to the receipt number from Cargills, and put me on hold for another 10 minutes. Here onwards, the conversation went as follows:

Agent: We've registered your complaint, and someone from Billing will look into it. Thank you for calling.

Me: Wait! That doesn't solve my problem. When will you reconnect my phone?

Agent: I'm sory, we haven't received confirmation of payment from Cargills yet. Once we do, it'll be reconnected.

Me: And that would take how long?

Agent: About an hour.

Me: So I have to wait for three hours after making payment to have a phone that works?

Agent: I'm really sorry m'am, but we haven't received confirmation of payment from Cargills yet. Once we do, it'll be reconnected.

Me: That is really between you and Cargills, isn't it? You should have appointed better payment centres.

Agent: I'm really sorry m'am, we haven't received confirmation of payment from Cargills yet. Once we do, it'll be reconnected.

Me: (frothing) AS I SAID, that isn't my problem, and I refuse to be penalised for it. What's your name?

Agent: XYZ

Me: Ok XYZ, I want to speak to your manager.

Agent: But m'am, I've followed all relevant procedure. I'm really sorry m'am, we haven't received confirmation of payment from Cargills yet. Once we do, it'll be reconnected.

Me: If you've done all you can, I want to speak to someone who can do more. Your manager, please.

Agent: But m'am, I've followed all relevant procedure. I'm really sorry m'am, we haven't received confirmation of payment from Cargills yet. Once we do, it'll be reconnected. (I swear, she kept repeating herself, much like a parrot).

Me: In an hour or so, right?

Agent: Yes m'am. You can try in about an hour, and if it still isn't reconnected, you can call me again.

Me: So I have to call you twenty times because your relationship with Cargill isn't perfect? Believe me, if I have to call Dialog again on this issue, some people will be in a lot of trouble, and I'll be starting with your name. An hour you said, for the phone to be reconnected, right?

Agent: In half an hour.

Me: So suddenly an hour became half an hour? (My landlady was rolling on the floor at this point)

Agent: M'am, I'll ask them to expedite it.

Me: Let me get this straight: ten minutes ago, it was Cargill's fault, you couldn't do anything, and it was to take an hour. Now you're going to ask someone to expedite it, and it'll take half an hour.

Agent: Yes m'am. Try again in half an hour, and if it doesn't work, you can call me.

Me: Ok XYZ, but if I have to call again in half an hour, I'm liable to call Nushad instead of your manager, ok? Good bye. (No, I've never even met Nushad in passing).

My phone was reconnected in exactly 20 minutes.

Dialog GSM - Anaganne Adai...

10 comments:

You can count yourself lucky. It took me a week to get my connection back when they cut it off.

A week? What on earth took them so long?

So sorry for your painful interaction with corporate klutzes but I just cant ROTFLing.

"Anaganne Adai" - Brilliant!

:)

Brilliant Tag line for them!! Fits in perfectly with the experiences I had while working on their advertising.

I must remember to pass this on to the poor souls handling the account now...

that's odd. about taking long to reconnect i mean. i usually pay at cargills and i get connected within 15 minutes and it wasn't once or twice because invariably my line is barred every 2 months or so.

but the customer service people are number one idiots. i had trouble sending an sms to bangladesh once and since i didn't want to waste my bill trying half a dozen times i called them. the guy who answered said i can't sms bangladesh through dialog off the top of his head. then he decided to check on it and again said that i can't message bangla. since i couldnt message a few countries earlier on mobitel i assumed he got it right and told a few friends only to be told that they did send messages there. i dunno what that idiot checked because the next time i tried, not only did my message get delivered, i also got a reply in 10 minutes.

You prob scared XYZ into action, well done:)

Pissu, he probably meant you can't sms in Bengali.

And don't get me started on Cargills... ratata adambarayak

The issue with me was that they cut it off because they messed up the transfer of my phone from corporate to personal.

The saga is worth a full blog post. I might put it up some time.

Dialog has a Crappy billing system

In January 2008 Dialog disconnected both my numbers (one super 500, one 100. 100 pkg is coupled with 500) while I was well within my credit limits. In fact the 100 package had a negative outstanding balance. When reported they were cluless and reconneted both numbers in a hurry.

In my Februay 2008 bills they have overcharged some of my calls between the coupled numbers. When reported they took 3 days saying still investigating. Finally said they will give me a waiver within next 2 billing cycles.

I STRONGLY SUGGEST THAT EVERY ONE WHO GETS A DETAIL BILL TO GO THROUGH IT. YOU MIGHT FIND THAT DIALOG HAS BEEN OVER CHARGING YOU FOR A WHILE

hey,

till 15th of February 2010, i was in LOVE with Dialog.. lol.. but now i don't cos it messed up my bill adding or malfunction of their billing system have increased my bill from +2000. I don't mind paying it IF i have used that much, but it has automatically increased. Logged few complains but they put it on to my account..

I hang on to Dilaog since there is no other network like this when it comes to Free Calls and all.. but now i feel like i cannot keep a trust on this :(

anyways, " Anaganne Adai " a Good Call though :)

Cheers

About Me

My photo
Be true to your heart, and true to your conscience.

Blog Archive

Stat Counter


View My Stats

World Top Blogs

World Top Blogs - Blog TopSites

Technorati