The Shoat Statements

Random musings by the multiple voices inside my head.

Why is it that we expect so much from our friends? Well, at any rate, why do I? I've never had too many of them, and from the few that I have had, they were just as liable to stab me in the back as they were to offer a shoulder to lean on. Nevertheless, no sooner I find a person that becomes a good friend, I end up expecting the world of them...well, maybe not the world, but pretty damn close.


I'm known to play Agony Aunt, and am always there to help out people, strangers or friends. In the case of friends, I give them my all, perhaps because I value friends more than I value anything else. The silly thing is, I expect to get as good as I give, which almost never happens. Or rather, not so much that I expect it, but when I don't receive the support that I need, I realize what it is that I wanted from them. Sad but true.


The thing is, when one is a loner, we can handle almost anything by ourselves. But when you get used to people...you start to expect things from them. Which is rather silly, if you go to think about it. But it happens all the same.

Is it just me?

2 comments:

Having the ability to stand on your own two feet and be independent regardless of circumstances is a good approach to life, I reckon. Less chance of disappointments and let-downs on the part of others that way!

I have friendships which go back 20yrs, tried and tested by the demands of time and changed circumstances. Be slow to chose a friend. be even slower in giving your friendship. But once done, do so with no expectations. The reward of a friendship, is in giving.

About Me

My photo
Be true to your heart, and true to your conscience.

Blog Archive

Stat Counter


View My Stats

World Top Blogs

World Top Blogs - Blog TopSites

Technorati