The Shoat Statements

Random musings by the multiple voices inside my head.

So...I've been away for almost a month. Well, actually, three days short of a month (but with food posioning, Avurudu ads et al, I have a solid excuse).

Let my first post start where I left off earlier. Insurance. It is such a scam in this country. And I'm not talking about a particular company. They're all pretty much the same. The first time I knocked someone else's vehicle, my insurance agent informed me that they will not pay for the damage caused by me to some poor unsuspecting soul. Despite my having 'full insurance'. Why? Well, apparently, we both have to be insured by the same insurance company to eligible to actually pay for our sins. Oh yeah, and the other option is to go file a police complaint, wait till it goes to court, and they pronounce me guilty as charged.

As if.

I find this completely, totally, ridiculous. What on earth is 'full' insurance, if you can't pay for the damage you cause? And while I'm on the subject, why the hell does strange sums get deducted from my claim because my car is old (over 10 years)? Did they not know they were insuring an old car when I got the policy??????

I could go on & on & on...but someone wants to use this computer, so I shall be back later, probably to rant a little bit more.

2 comments:

Yes I tend to agree. The only positive thing is that there has been a slight improvement in service over the years - it was much worse earlier, now at least some claims are paid on the spot or fairly fast.
Earlier everything needed the police report plus other reports by the garage etc

Good for people to know.

About Me

My photo
Be true to your heart, and true to your conscience.

Blog Archive

Stat Counter


View My Stats

World Top Blogs

World Top Blogs - Blog TopSites

Technorati