The Shoat Statements

Random musings by the multiple voices inside my head.

I don't think I'll be missed when I'm gone.

Well, technically speaking, I will be. For a week or so by some, for a month or so by others. But even in that week or month, it will not be a sad, throbbing loss. It will be a fleeting emotion, a sense of loss that will come up only when they miss the end for which I am the means. A means that can, and will, be easily replaced.

The clock in the hall will not have a sad sort of clanging. Lives go on, and people will move on (rapidly at that). And I will wonder if I actually made a difference to anyone, or meant anything at all. Didn't I leave an impression; didn't I mean anything; is the void that I create so easily filled?

Time-pass, as Indians would say. That is what I am. An entertaining movie, easily replaced by another.

All the world's a stage...it's time I looked for another theatre, another time slot where I'll entertain another audience, until it's time for the next change.

4 comments:

That sounds a bit creepy..and nice at the same time.

*Hugs*

Are you speaking for yourself or are you speaking for your friends?
If i was a friend of yours I would be appalled at your conclusions.

I'm speaking of how I see things currently; naturally, I could be wrong.

Perhaps my friends would be apalled at my conclusions - but if the vast majority of them were honest with themselves, I think they would agree with what I've said.

Truly genuine friends are very few, and very far between.

Amen to your last comment Queen, few and very far between!

About Me

My photo
Be true to your heart, and true to your conscience.

Blog Archive

Stat Counter


View My Stats

World Top Blogs

World Top Blogs - Blog TopSites

Technorati