The Shoat Statements

Random musings by the multiple voices inside my head.

Was reading up on suicides. Don't ask me why. Came upon this interesting site. Perhaps the most interesting thing it said was that suicide is not chosen; it happens when pain exceeds resources for coping with pain.

I found that extremely interesting, and very well put. It went on to say that the best way to avoid suicide is to increase your resources for coping, and some such in the same vein. Anyways. What caught me was the resources for coping bit. It so very well describes the exact situation so many of us find ourselves in. We have so much shit thrown at us, and not only don't we know what to do, we also have no one to turn to.

It also pointed out (quite accurately), how uncomfortable the idea of suicide makes other people. And how that anger or belittlement just adds to your frustrations, as opposed to relieving them.

All in all, I don't think I've ever come across a site/place/person who actually said suicide was ok. Of course, the site gives umpteen ways to prevent it, but it somehow didn't treat suicide has a huge stigma, or taboo topic.

Anyways, feels good to finally come across some honesty, even if it's on a website.

2 comments:

Seems you have not run across me before friend...

http://mathawaada.blogspot.com/2008/07/welcome-to-world-of-suicide.html

I love that phrase. Definitely going to look up this site. Because I would be one of those who are "ok" with suicide. Never attempted or ever even felt the need to. Nor do I plan to in the forseeable future. But have always believed that it's a choice you should be able to make.

About Me

My photo
Be true to your heart, and true to your conscience.

Blog Archive

Stat Counter


View My Stats

World Top Blogs

World Top Blogs - Blog TopSites

Technorati