The Shoat Statements

Random musings by the multiple voices inside my head.

To pick up where I left off, I shall start with a recent dream I had.

I was standing by the side of a road, waiting to be picked up by The Drifter. I could swear I was near some small hotels in Hikkaduwa, but I couldn't say for certain. So Drifter comes, picks me up and we're off. We're clearly in Sri Lanka, the boards on the roadside shops say 'R.A.De Mel Mawatha', but it's not like any part of Duplication Road I've ever seen. So I ask Drifter where we are, and he promptly replies 'Duplication Road'. I tell him I've never seen this part of Duplication road, and he says that 'it's the other side of Duplication Road'.

Other side?? What other side, I think. I ask. He looks at me as if I'm a complete idiot, and explains that it's the side of the road that stretches from Mattakkuliya. I refrain from asking anymore questions because I'm just too confused.

By and by, the road drives through a huge, lavish building, with really fancy balconies, structures...the works. I gingerly ask Drifter what it is, and he explains that it's an apartment complex housing the richest people in the country, and thus the obvious luxury.

Somehow, we're suddenly out of the car, and walking through this building now, and it seems more like a hotel than an apartment complex. There's a indoor waterfall and pond, beautifully laid out, and I'm thoroughly fascinated. There's also a butler-like gentlemen, explaining something to Drifter, but I can't remember exactly what it was.

We then walk into an indoor garden, and suddenly it's a museum. There is also a bunch of schoolgirls on the other end, and a lady in a suit explaining something to them, and for some reason I assume that she's part of the staff.

Now comes the weirdest bit...there were animals in this indoor garden-cum-museum...except they weren't normal animals. Their entire body was made of gems; precious and semi-precious stones. And they were alive. Shiny, precious stones covering their bodies, and these creatures were alive. There was an owl, some birds, a turtle, and I think a dog as well as a peacock. I only knew they were alive because they were moving.

I'm so confused and shocked at this stage, I ask Drifter what has happened to them. He looks at me, not for the first time, as if I'm a dunce, and says 'They've been gemologised'.

Gemologised?? Huh?? Clearly, I'm the only one in the room who hadn't heard of 'gemologised' animals. As I very confusedly follow Drifter, staring at the astonishing creatures around me, my mobile starts to ring. Annoyed, I look to see who it is, and it's someone called 'Alarm'.

I remember being just a tad confused, and then I woke up.

1 comments:

Good One, quite amusing i must admit though.....

About Me

My photo
Be true to your heart, and true to your conscience.

Blog Archive

Stat Counter


View My Stats

World Top Blogs

World Top Blogs - Blog TopSites

Technorati