The Shoat Statements

Random musings by the multiple voices inside my head.

I was talking to two friends today, and we were discussing TV programs of all types, and I got thinking.

Like, what on earth do people, especially women, find so fascinating about Sex and the City? The few episodes I watched were dull - they weren't particularly funny, not entertaining, and least of all exciting. Ok, the clothes are ( a bit) jazzy, but it's like watching fashion tv - not like any of us would actually where those stuff, right? Point is, I just don't find Sex and the City entertaining (I was told by a male friend that I didn't like it because I was barely female, but I'm going to let that one pass).

Moving on...there are apparently people who don't find Seinfeld funny. It isn't my number one comedy (that would be How I Met Your Mother and Frasier), but any random episode of Seinfeld always manages to be funny, like ice cream. Yes, I know, ice cream isn't funny, but it's one of those things you can eat, no matter what the brand. True, the quality isn't always that great, but till date, I've never come across ice cream so lousy that I couldn't eat it. Seinfeld is like that - every episode isn't great, but every episode is definitely watchable as in funny watchable.

I'm also beginning to wonder exactly how old I am, because there seems to be a generation of people who don't know what Doogie Howser, MD is...imagine if I started reminiscing about Small Wonder!

Aaaah, the good old '80s and '90s - they had the best shows those days.

4 comments:

I was around for the 80's and 90's tv shows too but I never liked Seinfeld =P Then again I didn't find Sex and the City particularly entertaining either.

You should watch the Big Bang Theory as well! Now that TV show will have you in stitches throughout! =D

As for the older ones, I did watch Doogie Howser MD and Small Wonder, and I liked them =)

Other 80's shows I liked include- 21 Jump Street (Johnny Depp!), MASH, Family Matters, Knight Rider, Green Hornet, Perfect Strangers, Remington Steel, Saved by the Bell, Misfits of Science... and I'm sure there's lots more but that as much as I can recall at the moment =D

See - I don't know how I feel about Seinfeld. It doesn't engage my sense of humour that much. But Frasier - I love! It's just so well written and acted out so well.

Doogie Howser was awesome! :$

I lurve Fraiser. The best ever. have watched every season at least thrice. Lurve the moon dance :).

Small wonder ? Is it the one with the witch or the one with the robo girl ? Did you like Mork and Mindy ?

Seifiled is wayyyyyyyyy b etter than the friends on any given day. Love Kremer on that.
Yay to the 80s. Did they have Jefferson's around the same time ?

Where did all the good writers go ?

The best EVER of course is the 3rd rock from the Sun!!!!! Was it the 90s ?

About Me

My photo
Be true to your heart, and true to your conscience.

Blog Archive

Stat Counter


View My Stats

World Top Blogs

World Top Blogs - Blog TopSites

Technorati