The Shoat Statements

Random musings by the multiple voices inside my head.

This is the only election in Sri Lanka that I am missing out on in the last 9 years. I am not sorry to be missing it. The choice really is between the devil and the deep blue sea.

I am one of many who voted MR into power; I did so with the sole hope that he would not sell the country out to the LTTE (unlike the much-maligned RW) and defeat them instead. He did. And I am not going to question the manner in which the war was won, or crib about human rights. A war is a war, and you cannot make an omelette without breaking an egg.

But is 'thank you' any reason to elect MR back to office? Because when we elect him, we are also electing his brothers, sons, cousins, the Mervyn Silvas and the rest of the rabble rousers. We are not a monarchy, and MR is not a king, despite the many roadside cut outs proclaiming otherwise.

I do not want another 6 years of thugs ruling roost. I do not want another 6 years of nepositic corruption surpassed only by the time of CBK. I do not want to see religion given undue importance because the president needs to bankroll a jumbo cabinet. Developing the country does not mean giving a Rs.300  million contract to your friend when the job could have been done for half the price. Had MR's negatives been less, a  'thank you' vote could have been considered; in this situation, it seems absurd.

But I do not believe a retired army general is qualified to run the country either. What qualifications does SF have, other than the fact that he is not MR? What little respect he had garnered from me dissipated when he decided to hobnob with political tigers (aka TNA). If those are the coming colours, then I would rather be in black and white. There is no point in promising to rid the country of corruption if we are to be watching the tiger dance all over again.

Devil or the deep blue sea - I'm sure I wouldn't be happy with whomever gets elected today, though I'm fairly certain that it would be MR who will be laughing all the way to parliament, once again.

I am also disgusted by the election spectacle we witnessed on Facebook and Kottu. People supported SF simply because he wasn't MR, blind to all SF faults and dubious allies. MR campaign seemed to be run by the same sycophants who erected his cutouts: king king king, war victor war victor war victor. All the irrationality available in the country seems to split between the two groups of supporters.

Ah well, whoever wins today, it'll just end up being more of the same.

5 comments:

This comment has been removed by the author.

there is such thing as siding with winner after the victory :-)

really you should not be all that angry with me after what you wrote in my blog

Hmmmm...you seem quite unable to comprehend simple English.

I do not like MR; therefore, I cannot possibly 'side' with him. That should have been rather apparent from this post.

The election results were a foregone conclusion, and though your ego may have led you to believe that you were the sole holder of such information, it is not so.

I really do feel sorry for you, SN.

Quite true... though a lot of people don't seem to see it.

オナニー
逆援助
SEX
フェラチオ
ソープ
逆援助
出張ホスト
手コキ
おっぱい
フェラチオ
中出し
セックス
デリヘル
包茎
逆援
性欲

About Me

My photo
Be true to your heart, and true to your conscience.

Blog Archive

Stat Counter


View My Stats

World Top Blogs

World Top Blogs - Blog TopSites

Technorati